Giving to re-use organisations
Re-use organisations provide a fantastic service for people looking to get rid of unwanted items that are still in good condition - especially furniture and electrical items.
What will they take?
Popular items include:
- Chest of drawers
- Sofas (by law these must have fire safety labels to be re-sold - so it's best to leave any fire labels on your furniture so it can be re-used in the future)
The following items are accepted by some organisations:
- Carpets (please note - charges may apply)
- White goods
How to contact your nearest re-use organisations
- If you live in Scotland, call the Re-use Line on 0800 0665 820.
- You can also donate directly to a Revolve accredited store – find you nearest one here.
- CRNS has a handy tool on their website that provides details of your nearest place to donate your items. Simply enter your postcode to find the name and location of your local stores.
- Alternatively you can ask your council - they usually have a list of re-use organisations in the area.