Set up recycling at your school
The recycling department at your local council are the best people to contact to find out about recycling services for schools in your area.
Services in your area
Many local authorities offer their own recycling services to schools. Those that don't have their own recycling services should be able to put you in touch with organisations who will collect recycling from schools in your area. Contact the recycling department at your local council to find out more.
Further recycling services
There are other local and national organisations offering additional recycling services, such as printer cartridge, old mobile phone or aluminium can recycling. These may offer money saving opportunities or even generate a small income.
Things to consider
- Access – are there any restrictions in terms of timings and vehicle access to your school site?
- Frequency – how often will your recycling be collected?
- Storage – where will your school store materials for recycling?
- Health and safety – discuss issues with your school's health and safety representative.
- Budget considerations – how much will the recycling service cost? Can costs be offset against savings in your general rubbish collection?