What to do with
Some councils now offer a household collection for the recycling of bubble wrap but this is still limited; check with your council to see if you can recycle this locally.
If you have bubble wrap to get rid of, there are a number of options:
Bubblewrap is particularly useful for:
- Protecting gifts or valuable items that are being posted
- Wrapping items that are being moved or going into storage
Pass it on...
- Ask family and friends if they can use it - if they are moving house or putting items into storage this will be most helpful
- Go online to give it away - try sites like Freecycle or Freegle
What else can I do with it?
- Use it in the garden to protect plants and pots from frost damage
- Insulate your shed or greenhouse with it, piercing it to allow for ventilation
Can I recycle it?