What to do with
Includes: Detergent bottles; fabric softener bottles; shampoo bottles; conditioner bottles; cleaning fluid bottles; bleach bottles; milk bottles; squash bottles; water bottles.
Most councils now accept plastic bottles as part of your household recycling scheme, but it is important you check with them in the first instance. Alternatively you can take them to your local household waste and recycling centre.
How should I recycle plastic bottles?
- Rinse / wash bottles (as necessary) using leftover washing up water
- Squash / flatten them - so they take less space in your recycling bin
- Check with your council to see if plastic tops / caps need to be removed
- Remove the plastic trigger and spray device from cleaning bottles
- No need to remove any labels