What to do with
Shoes & boots
You can take your old or unwanted shoes and boots to most recycling centres, or donate them to a charity shop. Where possible they are sold for re-use.
What else can I do with them?
- Pairs of shoes in good condition can be donated to charity shops for resale. Remember to tie them together in pairs as they can easily get separated and single shoes can’t be sold on.
- Search online to find charities and community groups in your area who collect footware
- Some sportswear companies are collecting athletic shoes in any state. They are then converted into basketball courts, tennis courts and running tracks
- Before you get rid of those unworn shoes perhaps you might take another look. Could they be painted, decorated or repaired?
- Refashioning or repairing old shoes can be far cheaper than buying a new pair
- Most household waste recycling centres have containers for old shoes and boots