What to do with
For electrical tools see electricals section for non-electrical tools see below
If you’ve got tools that you don’t need anymore, and they could be used by someone else, why not:
- If you're getting rid of unwanted tools, try selling them in the local newspaper, at car boots or try an online marketplace.
Donate or swap them!
- Ask family, friends, work colleagues or neighbours if they have a use for your unwanted tools
- Look out for local swapping events. You could even go online to give them away
- Donate your tools to a charity shop, a re-use organisation or local community project. Try searching the internet or contact your local council to find your nearest re-use organisation.
Tools that cannot be used by someone else can often be recycled, especially tools made from metal.
How should I recycle them?
- Metal can often be recycled at your local recycling centre