What to do with
Toys & games
Your local recycling centre won’t accept toys for recycling and they can’t be collected as part of your household recycling schemes.
If your toys are beyond repair, it may still be possible to recycle some of the plastic or metal parts if you dismantle them.
What else can I do with them?
- If your toys are in good working order you could try to sell them - advertise in local papers or on community noticeboards
- Toys in good condition can also be taken to a charity shop, jumble sale or carboot sale
- Give toys to a local church, playgroup or hospital – check what is suitable for their needs first
- Friends, family or neighbours with younger children may appreciate them too
- Look online to see if there is a local toy library in your area - they also need good quality toys and games to lend to their members
Try to keep the safety information and any instructions for the toy/game. This is particularly useful if you pass the toy on to friends, family or a charity shop.